SMPTE Logo Usage Policies
The Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers has copyrights and service mark registrations on its logo and use of "SMPTE", the recognized abbreviation of the Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers, and regulates its use under the following guidelines:
- Only the approved version of the SMPTE logo, available for download below, may be used.
- The logo may not be distorted or altered in any way.
- Logo must be used in its entirety, neither the whole or recognizable parts may be incorporated into another logo.
- The logo can be printed in its original colors, all-black, or all-white version (available for download to members below). No other color combinations are acceptable (Pantone 285).
- The SMPTE logo must bear the ® in all instances in which it is used.
- Active SMPTE Sections are encouraged to use the SMPTE logo, when logo guidelines are adhered to.
- The SMPTE logo may be used by SMPTE Sustaining members, but must be accompanied by text that states "Sustaining Member of SMPTE" and may not be used in a way that suggests SMPTE recommends, promotes or endorses a company's products, services or technology.
- The SMPTE logo may not be used in conjunction with claims that products conform to SMPTE Standards.
- The SMPTE logo is not to be used in any print advertising or other form of publication by any outside organization or nonmember of the Society without written permission from SMPTE. SMPTE reserves the right to authorize the use of the logo in cases of a business arrangement.
Requests to use the SMPTE logo must be made in writing and directed to June Sobrito.